Below are some great dog treat recipes that will one, help your dog cool off, or two, be a great way to reward your dog for good behavior. Please make sure not to feed these treats to your dog if they have an allergy.
- Spinach, Pea, and Chicken – Frozen Bites
This is a super quick recipe (just like the rest of these in this post) that I make my dog, Ellie, all the time. She loves them. They’re cold, delicious, and full of micronutrients.
Spinach, Pea, & Chicken Stock Frozen Treats
- 1 Handful Spinach
- 1 sliced Carrot
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Place all items in the blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes until there are no chunks.
- Pour into ice cube tray or ice cube molds.
- Freeze overnight and serve to your pup!
2. Strawberry & Carrot Frozen Bites
This recipe is very similar to the first one but a bit sweeter instead of savory. I usually make this, and number one, at the same time and switch on and off daily which one she gets.
Strawberry & Carrot Frozen Treats
- 2 Large Carrots sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- Place items into blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into molds or ice cube tray and freeze overnight.
3. Banana Bread Dog Treats
A non-traditional banana bread made just for your pup.
Banana Bread Dog Treats
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana smashed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg large
- Place ripe banana into mixing bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add egg and whisk until relatively smooth. There should still be banana chunks.
- Add oats and cinnamon. Stir.
- Place in greased mini muffin tins (about 1 tbsp for each treat).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
4. Peanut Butter & Oat Treats
These are super simple and easy. Plus your dog will surely love them.
Peanut Butter & Oat Treats
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter make sure there is no xylitol
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- Place peanut butter and the egg into the mixing bowl and combine.
- Add in rolled oats and stir.
- Add almond milk until batter like consistency occurs.
- Spoon into greased mini muffin pan (1tbsp per bite).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
5. Frozen Yogurt & Berries Treat
This is the easiest recipe yet and you can join your dog in enjoying it!
Frozen Yogurt & Berries Bark
- Baking tray
- Wax paper
- Rubber Scraper
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc.) You can use fresh if you'd like.
- Place wax paper over baking sheet.
- Spread yogurt evenly over wax paper on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle/place berries on top of yogurt.
- Place in freezer for at least three hours.
- Take out of freezer, remove wax paper from sheet, and break off pieces of yogurt bark.
If you’d like to learn more about Ellie check out this post!
If you’d like to try your hand at making your own dog treats but you’re afraid of harming them my giving them ingredients they can’t have check out this website.